LAST UPDATED: December 4, 2016
Specifically, the policy addresses the following:
- Information that you provide to us
- Information that we collect
- How we will use your information
- Sharing of your information
- Changing your information or contact preferences/opting-out
- Managing cookies
- Your privacy rights
- California privacy rights
Throughout your use of the Sites, you may provide us with the following information:
- Email address
- Contact information (name, street address, city, state, zip code, home phone number, cell phone number, work phone number), whether you make a purchase as a guest or register on the Sites by creating an account
- Transaction information, including products purchased, limited payment information*, delivery options and information in order for us to process returns, refunds and cancellations
- Survey response data
- Contest, promotion or event entry information
- Hair type, style, length and/or health
- Lifestyle interests
- Whether or not you choose to opt-in to communications from Virtue
- Information that you provide about others, which may include name, email address and mailing address for friends or family that you are purchasing Virtue products for as a gift or you want us to send free samples of our products to
- Information about a technical request or customer service support request.
*We store no credit card information on our servers. All transactions are completed by our third party merchant processor. They convert this information into a secure token which we can recall as required to issue refunds etc. At all times, we are fully PCI DSS [Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard] compliant. Our compliance is audited several times per year and certified by outside auditors.
Virtue and/or our third party service providers may use technologies that collect information about your device and how you use the Sites and/or social media sites. This information includes, without limitation device information, Site usage information, information from third parties and web analytics.
- IP address
- Browser type
- Device type
- Application version
- Mobile device information, including device location
We may use your device information to help us administer the Site, diagnose problems, analyze trends, track usage and identify you, your account and your shopping cart.
SITE USAGE INFORMATION
- Web pages viewed
- Browsing time
- Links you click on
- Use of features or applications of the Sites
SOCIAL NETWORKING SITES
- Information about you when you post content to our pages or feeds
- Credentials from a third party site to create or log into your Virtue account.
These data help us understand what users of the Sites find interesting and relevant so that we can deliver the most relevant content to each user of the Sites.
“Cookies” are data files placed on a device when it is used to visit a website, social networking site or mobile site. We will place cookies on your device to identify it and to personalize your experience, based on other information we may have collected about you.
Cookies may also be use by social networking sites like Facebook and Instagram.
PIXEL TAGS OR WEB BEACONS
We also use web beacons or pixel tags, which are transparent graphic images used to indicate that content has been viewed or used to tell your browser to get content from another server.
INFORMATION FROM THIRD PARTIES
We may collect information about you from third parties, including:
- Companies that may sell Virtue products or offer Virtue products as part of promotions
- Beauty professionals that promote Virtue products
- Data providers that collect demographic or marketing-related information
- Third party applications or social media applications.
Virtue may use the information you provide to us or we collect from you or third parties in the following ways:
- To verify your identity to facilitate your usage of the Sites, your account management and any transactions you make on the Sites
- To identify you as an individual in order to provide customer service to you, including responding to your questions and requests
- To enable you to access features of the Sites
- To notify you of changes to Virtue policies
- To provide you with more relevant communications, promotions and offers
- To allow you to share activities on social networking sites
- To protect the security of the Sites and to prevent fraud or other unlawful activities
- To comply with legal requirements.
Virtue may share your information with third parties that we use to develop and/or execute marketing campaigns. These include:
- Companies that will provide us with additional information about you that we will use for marketing purposes
- Vendors, consultants and other service providers that we engage to do work for us
- Beauty professionals who you may be a client of and who may promote Virtue products on our behalf
- Email service providers
- Direct mail companies
- Website providers
- Advertisers or sponsors
- Companies that provide products or services that we believe may be of interest to you.
We may transfer information to third parties to comply with a legal obligation or as part of a business transfer if we are sold.
Virtue will make every reasonable effort to protect your information from theft, loss, misuse and alteration or destruction. However, we cannot guarantee the security of our databases or safe transmission of information you provide to us via the Internet. In regards to data that we send to third parties, we demand that these parties adhere to guidelines we provide to them for the safety and use of the data we send to them. We also require your information is only used to assist Virtue.
You may change your account information at any time by logging into your account on www.virtuelabs.com. You can also modify the preferences for which we may contact you by logging into your account. You may also opt-out of Virtue email communications by clicking here or by clicking on the Unsubscribe link in any email you receive from Virtue.
You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from us and/or Virtue ads on social networking sites by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you wish to change your preferences for social networking sites such as Facebook and Instagram, you must go to those sites directly.
INTERNET-BASED OR CUSTOMIZED AD CAMPAIGNS
If you choose to, you may disable cookies on your device. However, disabling cookies may prevent the Sites from working properly on your device, because we will not be able to identify you properly. This may also prevent us from sending offers or promotions that are tailored to you and relevant.
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident, you may request this information once per calendar year by writing to us at Virtue, Attn: General Counsel, 19 W. Hargett Street, Suite 604, Raleigh, NC 27601.
Virtue’s website is located in the United States using equipment based in the United States. By using the Site, you acknowledge that the Sites are subject to the laws of the United States. Virtue is an international company and may operate Sites in other countries. These Sites are subject to the privacy laws of these countries, which may be different than the United States.