Get Ready #withVIRTUE: Shiny, Volumized Short Hair Tutorial
Virtue Stylist Ambassador Rena Calhoun creates some of the most beautiful, chic hairstyles ever! So, we wanted to know, how does a pro like Rena style her short hair #withVIRTUE? Watch the video below to see how she creates her everyday healthy, shiny, volumized short style.
Get Ready #withVIRTUE: Shiny, Volumized Short Hair Tutorial Featuring Rena Calhoun
Easy Steps from Rena's Video
Rena describes her mane as "Very curly, frizzy, coarse hair that I need to get under control."
1. Start with Smooth Shampoo and Smooth Conditioner.
2. Apply a dime size amount of Unfrizz Cream, and run it through entire mane.
3. Next, use the 'wrap dry' technique, as Rena explains in the video. Simply, use any kind of flat brush and 'wrap hair' to the shape of skull so you get really close to roots and gets all the kinks out.
4. Then blow dry while still brushing hair in same 'wrap dry' motions.
5. Once dry, use a round brush at fron to hair and add heat directly on that section, to add a bit of bend at the root in the front.
6. To add texture, use Lifting Powder at under the top layer of hair, near roots, by poofing the powder and work it into hair with fingers.
7. Lastly, use Finale Spray all around head once you have style exactly in place.
"That’s it! My hair is so shiny, healthy and full of texture and beautiful hold." -Rena