HOW TO: Ribbon Adorned Ballet Bun
Whether you’re avoiding hot tools or stretching your last wash one more day, we’ve got the perfect way to take your standard bun to the chicest level!
Follow Annabel Cunanan's steps below for the perfectly adorned ballet bun!
- Start by DIY-ing your hair accessory — loop a long strand of ribbon (a scarf works beautifully as well!) around a hair elastic the same color as your hair.
- Apply Un-Frizz Cream to hair from the ear down to create super smooth, shiny strands for the picture perfect ballet bun.
- Secure your hair in a ponytail at the base of your crown with the ribbon at the top.
- Split your ponytail into two pieces with a strand of ribbon on either side.
- Twist one half of your pony tail with the first strand of ribbon to the back and begin wrapping it around the base of your ponytail. Once you reach the end secure with a bobby pin.
- Twist the second half of your ponytail with the second strand of ribbon to the front and wrap around the base of your ponytail. Once you reach the end secure with a bobby pin.
- Secure with a few additional pins and trim or tuck the ribbon ends.
- Smooth flyaways with a small drop of Un-Frizz Cream by gently pushing back with fingertips.